Hey Hero, I get a ctd in custom battle when trying to use your uruk bomb throwers. Any ideas?
Btw, are they supposed to be recuitable or retrainale? Or maybe not until after the event? Or neither?
1. Will try and re implement road system then since this seems important
2. yes bandits are good, don't know what was wrong before
3. hmmm... will address this then. Give them all some special rhovnion bonuses then. (though not too much, they are still untrained and just peasants to a degree, but I'll definitely boost them accordingly so we have a good balance between realism and lore)
4. all dol amroth and pelargir units take 2 turns to recruit and cost more and have more upkeep already i believe (we're using my mini mod created ages ago in 6.x I think, units either take 1, 2, or 3 turns to build varying from faction to faction. (helps to balance the recruitment among factions. Eldar units should after all take more time to recruit then snaga stalkers )
5. I think the removal of the CAI may correct this, as I do not remember it happening before. Even when we had all of Taro's units.
6. yes when we stabilize I'll make an optional installer for it so people can decide (until further notice I guess)
7. I'm pretty sure there is no problem there, I checked it accordingly. But nevertheless since it's been brought up I shall re-check
Sounds like a good idea for a script In this patch I may increase their King's Purse a little for balance since they only have 1 settlement..
1 changelog check
2 roadsystem = cool
3 bandit fixed nice, something old forgotten? thought it was fixed allready?
4 rhovanion rider thingy well major has a point and you have rr/rc is solid , presentation is not.. these riders are the original rohan riders, with the true old ways , therefor the should be better horseriders and a little + in the charge would not hurt. you can't see it from the looks or the armor.. guess it's a lore thing
5 about the gondor units, you are right , yet i believe they are a bit stronger then orignal militia? therefor a bit slower recruitment or higher cost would be in order?
5.1 i think my example goes out more to the units extra added (the gonder fiefdoms all replaced vanilla units for the settlement in question) the rhun units do not for example.. some gonder, arnor, rohan, rhun and elves might also have the problem.
6 alreadydeds CAI should be tested once we are stable.. then we can run games with and without alreadydeds CAI's perhaps we can even mod this ourselves further
7 sculptur house could really mess up that script , good luck mate
8 ow i missed that one about elrond, that is okey then, i guess so since that guy knew he needed a certain guild for his HE reforging
= while you have taken over the next patch, i'm gonna work on a script to strenghten isengard i feel it is needed, (optional).. AI isengard should dominate AI rohan although the only have isengard.. AI isengard should be serious treath to player aswell..
Arlgihgt... Let's see:
- will update changelog when we have release
- will look at the road system
- bandit unit fixed
- according to my version of RC the rhovaion rider is ok (spear has base attack of 2 and charge of 5 + any additional stats, should it be a non-couched light lance instead? looked pretty spearish to me though but you decide)
- well concerning the unit pool thing.. I don't understand that, with the dol armroth and pelargir units they are about the same according to my figuring.
- pelspears, pelswords, pelbows, pelmarines, + gondor cavalry miltia vs gondor militia, archer miltitia, gondor infantry, gondor spearmen, gondor cavalry miltia. 5-5.
- same with Dol Amroth, men at arms, pikemen, archers, gondor cavalry miltia vs gondor militia, archer miltitia, gondor infantry, gondor spearmen, gondor cavalry miltia 4-5
I balanced them accordingly with the other units in recruitment. Could it have been the new CAI causing such things to happen? Perhaps causing mordor to use more units in mirkwood, using less units in other places, units doing nothing, etc?
It already takes 8 turns to recruit those units above I believe. I understand what you meant by that example though.
- will check sculptor house
- elrond has the description tacked on in one of his starting ancs (check for yourself)
- I think we should remove the CAI too and see if that corrects the 'gondor spam'. It may have helped Gondor but turned Mordor into mindless idiots If the units take any longer to recruit then it's going to be a nightmare for the player. They've been balanced according to the other units as stated, I think perhaps the new CAI was causing such things to happen. Because gondor has roughly the same amount of units (less in the dol amroth case) I do know the pel and dol amroth units take more time to recruit then the militia. The spam should have lessened not increased.
ps please check the bandit unit for lack of shield, and that rhovanion rider unit, which should be with a heavier charge. i think that would make major happy, who also testplayed for MOS and is one of the few to give valuable feedback let's keep the crowd happy.. also set these fixes in the list of statchanges
PPS: reforge elven kingdom might be broken .. see the thread.. think it could be because sculptor house is buildable from the start , shouldn't that be after an event? (not certain), might be worth it to check our old files and fix this before release?
yet i do not have the old files xD , so i was hoping you could? we also still need an anc i believe which explains the steps to take to reforge the kingdom for HE? or was this dealth with?
ow and perhaps make some units rarer to recruit then like talked above
and last but not least, perhaps we could recreate our road system before releasing? we have a bit of time i guess for now.. noone is screaming to get the next patch right away.. almost no ctd and such
In my upload rar there is. xD very weird... campaign script should be there, you know i mean campaign script with cs right? xD
here it is anyway http://www.gamefront.com/files/21656...ign_script.txt
just add the AUM units, i don't think we need permission for every update. think it speaks for itself.
ehm i would also like to nerf you some units then..
example: you have miliatia unit with a new unit to recruit every 4 turns. and you add militia2 unit to recruit every 4 units. (you got 2 the power now), so make each unit recruitable in 8 turns.. right now gondor is way to strong when ai controlled because of all the extra units and the lack off saving money as ai.. so ai must be controlled by being able to invest less in units..
same goes for rohan, arnor and rhun when you add units.. you get where i'm going with this? i think it will enhance the campaign greatly..
ow and i fear that alreaadydeads campaign ai is a gamebreaker for some factions.. you might want to take it away? i see no positive benefits from it when testing anyway? i don't know if you did?
Positive there was no cs. Checked the rar file even before extracting. (at least in mine there wasn't?.....) Alright, already converted the files so a few more hours won't hurt. Will be off to get some sleep soon though. It's around midnight here haha
Alright, yes that is fitting. Since milan/dunland sort of share the same structure in a way should I give them C and F or just F? (only 1 faction uses those units.. so it wouldn't hurt uniqueness or variety)
Btw, do we have permission to update our AUM to match the new version that's out? (the one with the 2 new Rohan and Rhun units)
I can do this for the next release (which should be tomorrow, or rather later today for you) and RC them if we have permission. (we had his old work so.. I assume we have it for this.)
Serious no cs? Should be there.. will check after work .. i would say F , dunland has dragon clan ANC, so it suits
Wait a minute.. I don't have your campaign_script. I think I need that...
One more thing I need to know.. In the dunland script there's something about them 'taking to sea'. But they have no ownership of ships in EDU.
I need to know the following: (just answer with the letter if you can)
A. dhow spain, venice
B. cog sicily, scotland, turks, moors, byzantium
C. longboat milan
D. dromon egypt, mongols
E. holk sicily, scotland, turks, moors, egypt, mongols, byzantium
F. dragon boat milan
E. corsair pirate ship spain, venice
G. caravel sicily, scotland, turks, moors, byzantium
It's a good thing I waited (even though I saw all the VM's at the same time). But I wouldn't have uploaded without your stuff even if it took a long time. I suppose it's time to call it 1.2. This is lots of fixes and new features. Will also let people understand easier "1.0 > 1.2".
Haha, already got many of those fixes myself. (diplomat, gandalf, etc) Great job on so many features W'll post you the link as soon as it's up and we'll be set. (as usual in the op, remove old patches and replace them all with 1.2)
- balancing of units, stats, etc. (mostly Arnor units)
-many small fixes
-Arnor Reunion is finally working properly with the Heirs of Isildur submod (tested and works 100%
-Dunland had wrong diplomacy stats, so they shooould be 'evil' now
-Dunland also given access to ships
Might take some time to upload.. 2-4 hours from the time of this post.