View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Running

As a young lad, I would often run to the top of the small hill to the east of my family's house, with a model of the Apollo spacecraft in hand, pretending I was transiting to the moon , and then returning to earth by splashing down in the creek just to our west. I was exuberant and full of energy in my youth, a typical toxic american male, and would often take off across the pasture or down to the creeks in bare-feet, running thorough the trees and across the gravel without a care in the world. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Football Rant - Europa, we're coming for you!

Oh my. What's that I hear on the horizon? What's that sound? A slow, distant grumbling, blasting through Westfield Shoppin Center at full speed. The wind carries the music with it, blowing through Stratford, up to the stadium and filling it completely. There are no fans there, but the fans blow the bubbles so high. And just like that, I can make out the distand roar. Headphones? Plugged in. Volume? Turned up. Oh yes, it's Champions League time.

After 31 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Reading Again

Last year when the whole lockdown and...other interesting activities in the United States started happening, I started collecting books to read. Nothing excessive*, just a handful** of books to pass the time while I waited for things to become normal***.

Of course the reality was I ended up only reading a few books, two when I was bored and the internet was slow and three when I was forced into further quarantine when the girlfriend started showing signs of potential COVID (we were ...

Updated March 22, 2021 at 07:34 AM by TheDarkKnight

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Entertainment
  4. The Dude goes into politics! - The mythical Conflict of Interest...

First things first, today I'm celebrating my 10th blog post on this series! It's now well more than a year and a half that I started it, so time to make a summary of all the chapters, just in case someone really wants to know the full story

The Dude goes into politics! Past Chapters

Updated March 10, 2021 at 10:13 AM by Flinn

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests
  5. MS to go ahead and purchase Bethesda

The EU regulatory body has given the go ahead to Microsoft to purchase Bethesda, the deal being valued at 7.5billion dollars, making it the biggest deal in the gaming industry.

Bethesda will become #23 of Microsoft's purchase of game developers, joining well known names as Arkane Studios, Machine Games and iD Software.

Related article here.
    Categories
    Technology