View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Good morning/death

Good morning.

Last night I dreamed that my mother was very sick, suffering a lot, between tears asking me to let her die.

My mother died a few months ago from complications of an incurable cancer after months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. She, admitted to the hospital, suffering a lot and aware that she was going to die, asked us to let her die. The penultimate night some asked her to fight more and she continued to suffer. We agreed that on her last night they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The life of a winemaker: it keeps going

Last chapter here.

It's been 2 years since the last post, and with a good reason: there aren't many news in the life of a winemaker, and the working years repeat themselves over and over. It is certainly entertaining and satisfying for me to grow my grapes and taste the new wine every year (not to mention drinking it all the year long ), but I guess it to not to be very interesting for those who cannot even get a sip of that ...
  3. Night Moves Part 4

The dinner table was elegantly set. A broad white silk cloth with an intricate pattern that looked somewhat like the club logo, which was a silver dragon rampant. The finest china and silverware dotted the table at precise intervals and were lit by the glow of what appeared to be candles in golden candelabras. The lights had been dimmed and some sort of presentation was taking place on the main stage. I took a moment to reflect on my rapid transition from a beer stained bar back to sitting here ...
  4. Night Moves Part 3

The entrance was well lit and staffed by half dozen security and staff. The opening resembled a large portico flanked by Doric columns. A massive chandelier hung over the patio just past the entrance. Exotic plants and bubbling fountains were used to produce a calming atmosphere. Several pathways led off of the patio but the large iron and glass doorway in front of us led directly into the club. As I have mentioned previously, this was the parent organization of the smaller club where I worked and ...
  5. Night Moves, Part 2

As we pulled onto the road that snaked its way along the Westside, past nightclubs and restaurants, I became concerned. Just two minutes ago I was enjoying a peaceful and predictable night at the club, and here now I had just walked out the front door, in full uniform, with the younger sister of my friend at the club. Events had progressed at a dizzying pace. And then there was the overwhelming emotional and physical properties of the situation. Two gorgeous young women, dressed to kill, who had ...