View RSS Feed

The PikeStance Experience

I will share my life experiences (Teaching, Travel and Life)

1. Kuningan Indonesia Year 11 Trip

This year I had the pleasure of chaperone the Year 11 (In the British system year 12) on their trip to a small village in the mountains in the Northeast part of Java Island.
    The fact I was a former Peace Corps Volunteer helped with being selected for the honor. The trip is also the most service oriented trip of the three, which I am much more keen to be part of.

Both the students and teachers are hosted by local families. Since this is a village, many of the homes do not have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Chinese Fire Drill

A Chinese Fire Drill

Today is another fire drill which are always interesting.
    Last year was the first fire drill for my current school. On a side note, one of the things that are never covered in orientation for new teachers are fire drills. The first time, you more or less wing it or follow an experience teacher or the students.

One thing I noticed is that we lined up within 30 feet of the building under the shady trees. I do not know if this is a good idea. If ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Part IV: Jetsetter [Africa] [THEN AND NOW SERIES}

Part IV: Jetsetter [Africa]
    THEN AND NOW SERIES

I had two advantures on the continent of Africa.
    In 2000 I was a Peace Corps Volunteer
    In 2006- 2008 I was a teacher at the international school.
    Both were in Beautiful Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)

In 2000, I joined the Peace Corps. We met in Philadelphia for initial training and a chance to get to know everyone. We were there for about three days. We then took a bus to New York and flew out on Air ...

Updated May 07, 2015 at 09:45 AM by PikeStance

Categories
    Travel
  4. Students Independent Study; A Bad idea?

Below is an email sent to all teachers with IBDP classes. (please see side bar for additional information.
    [Note: The name of the student was changed]

Dear DP teachers,
    We just had meeting with the parent of Nico DP1 and Effie DP2 separately. For your information only (please don’t share this with others especially the students)

1. BeBop

It was requested on Friday 3rd April 2015 that BeBOP through her father wants a special
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Part III: The Pains of Loss & Sacrifice (THEN AND NOW)

Part III: The Pains of Loss & Sacrifice
    THEN AND NOW SERIES

There were to important women I dated/ married thus far.
    The first person I was in a serious relationship with was 9 years my senior. I was 25 at the time. She also had a young daughter. She was 6-7 years old.
    I dated this women for a year, but it was a very close relationship. She was a newly divorced women who's husband cheated. He would married that same women. At 25 I was a little experience

Updated April 07, 2015 at 08:54 PM by PikeStance

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast