View RSS Feed

Gaius Baltar

1. Night Moves Part 4

The dinner table was elegantly set. A broad white silk cloth with an intricate pattern that looked somewhat like the club logo, which was a silver dragon rampant. The finest china and silverware dotted the table at precise intervals and were lit by the glow of what appeared to be candles in golden candelabras. The lights had been dimmed and some sort of presentation was taking place on the main stage. I took a moment to reflect on my rapid transition from a beer stained bar back to sitting here ...
  2. Night Moves Part 3

The entrance was well lit and staffed by half dozen security and staff. The opening resembled a large portico flanked by Doric columns. A massive chandelier hung over the patio just past the entrance. Exotic plants and bubbling fountains were used to produce a calming atmosphere. Several pathways led off of the patio but the large iron and glass doorway in front of us led directly into the club. As I have mentioned previously, this was the parent organization of the smaller club where I worked and ...
  3. Night Moves, Part 2

As we pulled onto the road that snaked its way along the Westside, past nightclubs and restaurants, I became concerned. Just two minutes ago I was enjoying a peaceful and predictable night at the club, and here now I had just walked out the front door, in full uniform, with the younger sister of my friend at the club. Events had progressed at a dizzying pace. And then there was the overwhelming emotional and physical properties of the situation. Two gorgeous young women, dressed to kill, who had ...
  4. Night Moves, Part 1

In was late summer, and as a break between the spring and fall semesters at college I was working as a bar-back at one of the local dance clubs.
    This particular club could host live bands and had a complex layout which gave it a certain reputation on the west side. I was not there for the money.
    I was there for the nightlife and the bonus paycheck that happened to be part of the experience. The nights were, for the most part, a carefree experience of
    wandering around the club, ...

Updated August 06, 2022 at 12:36 PM by Gaius Baltar

Categories
    Hobbies & Interests , Creative Writing
  5. The Lost Interviews - The Eagle Standard - Mod Focus, Numenor: Total War

In October of 2006 I was a pen for the Eagle Standard and was prepping several interviews from the mod community. One in particular was Numenor: Total War. This was a creation by WImPyTjeH based on some material from JR Tolkiens books. I had submitted this copy to the Eagle Standard for review when the events now known as "Black Friday" occurred. This was one of the staff revolts that eventually ended when board ownership changed hands to Imb39.

However, during this troubled ...

Updated November 15, 2021 at 09:18 AM by Gaius Baltar

Categories
    TW Mod Reviews , Creative Writing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast