View RSS Feed

The Other End of the Quill

1. Hitai Talks About Chess: Chigorin vs Chigorin?!

by , September 02, 2018 at 07:07 PM (The Other End of the Quill)
    When I play with the black pieces in chess, I tend to favour two particular defences. The first, and by far and away the most common, is my reply to 1.e4, which is d6, otherwise known as the Pirc Defence. The second is my reply to 1.d4, which is the Chigorin Defence (1.d4 d5 2.c4 Nc6). The Chigorin is something of a niche defence, hearkening back to the Romantic period, and it doesn't see much use in the modern game. As such, it retains the capacity to really throw a white player off and get him ...

Updated September 02, 2018 at 07:14 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Tags: chess
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hitai Talks About Chess: Problems in the English Opening

Well I haven't updated this in a while, so why not brush the cobwebs off this old blog and write something interesting.

Back in the day, folks used to play chess on TWC. We had chess tournaments and there was even a member of Gaming Staff responsible for chess related matters (a good buddy of mine actually, who has sadly been absent in recent times). If you see me around the forums posting, underneath my avatar it has two extra fields: Tournaments Joined and Tournaments Won. This was ...

Updated May 03, 2018 at 04:24 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. "I demand that you conclude and sign all of the market development department's contracts"

by , April 10, 2015 at 11:27 PM (The Other End of the Quill)
    It's five o clock on a Saturday morning and I'm at university studying, as I have been for the past six hours, along with two other people in a four storey building that can probably fit thousands. Do I have any pressing assignments due in? No. I'm just a night owl with a few week's worth of work to catch up on. It's very tranquil though and I love the feeling of being awake and active when everyone else is asleep.

From my textbook, I just learnt the Chinese for 'market development ...

Updated April 10, 2015 at 11:35 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Times are a'changing

by , March 29, 2015 at 03:38 PM (The Other End of the Quill)
    Ohayou! I'm Hitai, Total War Center's worst writer and most boring member of Content staff. I sense this blog isn't going to be very interesting at all, but thankfully it's far prettier than Aik's, so every cloud!

I used to have another blog here, but I guess now it's better to move over here; if only to help promote the new features GED's been working hard to implement recently.

So, I usually talk about writing, which I find very interesting, since, you know, I'm a writer.

Updated March 29, 2015 at 04:07 PM by Hitai de Bodemloze

Categories
    Life on TWC